As a coLAB participant, you are responsible for preparing two speeches:
- 1 simultaneous speech with PowerPoint* (20 minutes)
- 1 consecutive speech (4-7 minutes) – OPTIONAL
*If a PowerPoint doesn’t seem relevant to your simultaneous presentation, you must provide speaking notes. Glossaries are optional, but encouraged. We want to set our colleagues up for success!
Your speeches should be:
- Delivered in your mother tongue
- About a topic you are interested in and feel you can speak about competently
- Realistic and challenging
- Written with a specific audience in mind
- Extemporaneous and not read from a script
For sound advice on developing and delivering speeches, see this DG Interpretation guide on Speechmaking.